In my opinion, art is a sacred profession. To be a true artist it takes lots of courage, time, sweat and hard work.
I started drawing and painting at a young age. After 15 years of study, I stopped. At that time, I was young and full of doubts. I then felt lost for a long time.
Not until I returned to art did I feel alive again.
I often ask myself what is the real purpose of pursuing art? Surely it is not to make lots of money or become famous. Perhaps it is to pursue truth, goodness, and beauty in life.
- Use the technique of Baimiao which produces a finely controlled, supple outline drawing without any colour or wash for the subjects.
- Use an impulsive and symbolic colour to express subjective emotions.
- Dedication to articulating to the inner spirituality and nature led to imaginative, rhythmic and emotional drawings or paintings that convey more than the mere appearance of the subject.
Awards, Exhibitions and Gallery Representation
- 1986 Entry Prize for ‘What I know about France’ – Shanghai International Children’s Painting Competition organized by Sino-French Friendship Association, artworks shown in Paris
- 1987 Third Place for (China) National Children’s Art Competition, artworks shown in Beijing
- 2007 Artwork displayed at City of Kalgoorlie Art Prize Exhibition
- 2008 Solo Exhibition, Camelot Theatre, Mosman Park, WA – as part of the MosArts Classic Film Festival
- 2008 Duo Exhibition, Maxwell’s Fine Art Gallery, Perth Hill
- 2012 Solo Exhibition, Genesis’s Cafe and Art Gallery, Perth Hill
- 2007-2012, Represented by Jabiru Art Gallery, Swan Valley, WA